Monday, January 12, 2009

Perfect Record

Entering my last semester of law school I received a special surprise today. So, every semester we have to "bid" for our classes. This is because (as is true in every university) some classes are crazy popular and fill up very quickly. The fair way OCU has decided to deal with this is by having the students bid on classes. This semester there was one class I really wanted, Intro to Legal Practice. I wanted to take this class so that I could leave with some practical skills. While law school, like all education, is great on theory, it is dismally short on practical application. However, as luck would have it Intro. to Legal Practice was wildly popular this semester with other students hoping for that same bit of practical knowledge before braving the real world. Unfortunately, when schedules were released I did not win my bid for Into and I had to settle on Banking Law (I'm sure a good class but not a subject that tickles my fancy). Then today I got a surprise, someone dropped Intro and there was 1 spot open. However, I received the email at 1:30 and it was sent at 10:30 so I was pretty sure I did not get the slot. But to my surprise I GOT IT!!! Woo Hoo! And consequently, I have a perfect record in law school having been admitted into every class I requested. Pretty good huh!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

WHOO HOO!!!! That's awesome! :)

Clay said...

I can't believe there is only this semester left. Nice to finish with classes you actually want though.

Unknown said...

Yay! The alternate class sounded boring, so I'm glad you got the fun one!