Today I rowed in my first rowing race! (Sorry no pictures) I'm not sure how well I did because times won't be posted until Monday but I had a lot of fun. Since I'm a novice I only raced a 2K (the "big kids" got to race a 4K) but I was surprised how much work it was. I've been working out a lot at the boathouse which I think did a lot to prepare me for the race but I can tell I still have a long way to go before I'm ready to compete with the next level of rowers.
In other news I re-painted my kitchen this weekend. Long story short, I was really sick of my living room and kitchen. I had a red wall in the living room and the kitchen was done in a gold-ish color. I had painted before law school and as part of the purging process all of this had to go! So I did what any sane person does I looked through the Pottery Barn catalog to see what's new. I fell in love with the chocolate brown and steel blue color combination. However since no one can afford Pottery Barn accessories I decided to see if I could duplicate the colors at Target. Of course I was successful! I then painted my red wall chocolate brown which meant my gold-ish wall no longer "went" with the decor. Now I had a problem. I had no idea what I wanted in the kitchen but since I have an open floor plan I had to do something. Consequently I pulled in the neutral tan that I had throughout the living room into the kitchen. I HATED IT!!! As Clay sait it made the whole house look small. So this weekend I fixed it and now I have a blue kitchen. It's MUCH better. However you will have to hang on for pictures because I'm not done decorating so it looks a bit sparse.
'Til next time :)!
2 comments:
Yay! For being productive. Can't wait to see your kitchen. How about later tonight?
I like Pottery Barn catalogs because they have great ideas, but they are ridiculously overpriced. So yay for stealing their ideas and doing it your own way!
Post a Comment