Last weekend Clay and I went to Home Depot and purchased paint for several rooms. The priority was the living room since the plain tan walls just didn't speak to me. On top of that the former owners used the walls as pin cushions and had nail holes about every 6 inches. When Clay repaired the walls it looked like the walls had chickenpox! Also, once we got started we realized that the last homeowners apparently didn't believe in cleaning up after a spill since we found several areas where juice or wine had been spilled on the walls and baseboards but never cleaned up... SERIOUSLY!?!?
So here's the before...
I decided to go with the same color scheme I had in the last house. I originally thought I would do something different, but since I had only painted the living area in the old house about a year ago I realized I really enjoyed the colors and decided it would work for this house... at least for now :)!
The stripes are now a nice slate blue/gray. The tan has been repainted to a similar color but at least I've used a satin finish so the walls have some sheen and can be cleaned easily. And then I finished the living area in a nice chocolate color (or "breakfast blend"). The pantry area divides the room and I did a faux finish called "sueded leather" which used the tan and chocolate brown. The faux finish helped break up the space and still tie the color scheme all together.
Okay it's official I have watched too much HGTV!
Now all we need to do is hang some art and we will be officially settled (at least in the main living area)!
7 comments:
I love it honey ... glad one of us has an eye for these things I would be lost without ya
Looks great.
Ooo...I like. Makes me want to paint.
Beautiful!!! I should hire you to come and paint my house. Love you.
It looks really great!
You can come paint for me anytime. :)
It looks great! Very earthy!
Post a Comment