Saturday, October 08, 2011

Parental Visit & Regatta

Where have I been?!? The month of August flew by. September was a blur. And here we are in OCTOBER!!! What happened?

Well I've been busy folks and the blog has been neglected. In that time I've had 2 regattas. My parents visited. And I traveled across the country for work. So that's what I've been up to. What about you?

However, what everyone really wants to see if pictures, so here are some shots of my parent's recent visit. They came in town for the Head of the Oklahoma which is a 4K head race accompanied by 500m night sprints. It was a ton of fun but I'm still recovering :)!

My mom's one request was to visit the baby elephant at the zoo. Mom LOVES elephants. So we obliged and went to the OKC zoo. I'm sorry to say I had not been to the zoo since I've lived in OKC. So it was a lot of fun to go and experience the zoo as an adult with my parents.

The wild butterflies!
Clay and I watched butterflies while the group went and visited the snakes. If you know me there is NO way I'm going anywhere near a snake voluntarily! Even a snake in a cage.

Mom & I fed the giraffe!

The most wild animals we saw!
My dad and Steve (a long time family friend)

We watched the chimps forever. There was a baby that was ADORABLE!!!
Just for Ellen... an ugly chicken :)!
(P.S. yes I know it's an African Guinea hen)
The reason for the zoo visit... the baby elephant!
The elephants showed off and went for a swim while we were there.

I wanted to see a Tiger... and this guy was hungry and wasn't afraid to tell us about it!

Mom & her elephant!

Cowboy Bruce!


The Head of the Oklahoma was a lot of fun. I had three races for this regatta and bowed 2 boats. It was excellent growing experience and I had a lot of fun.

Melissa and I
I'm bowing with the purple oars!!!

Melissa and I qualified for the night sprints! We took 3rd.
It is awesome to race under the lights!!

Marvin and I did a mixed double.
It was really windy which made bowing difficult. But we had a strong race.

My mixed quad!
Dawn, Liz, me & Nancy
Apparently I missed the memo to wear a white hat!

Overall it was a great visit with mom and dad! It was crazy busy with the regatta but it was nice to share my new hobby with mom and dad!

3 comments:

Ogday in Montana said...

We had a great time as well!!! Thanks for all the fun. We love you!!

Amanda said...

Glad you had a great visit with your parents!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun weekend. That baby monkey picture is super cute! Good job at your regatta too. I saw the video on FB. You're famous! :)