Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Extravaganza!

This year the Dwyers spent Christmas in good ol' OKC. My folks and my Papa joined us for the festivities. Mom and dad have to leave on Christmas day to go home so we celebrated on the eve of Christmas Eve! We had a wonderful time with the family in town and even got a few projects done around the house!


When Clay and I bought the house we envisioned the family room to include built-in storage. While we love the house we felt it lacked sufficient built-in storage and we could see the potential. So when mom and dad visited in August dad helped us plan the project and Clay and I got the materials ready to go for Dad's arrival.

The family room "before". Mostly just a big empty storage space!

Project undeway!

The cabinet install.

My dad has a few rules about projects. One being all projects require use of all tools in the house. We were successful!

The second is "get a bigger hammer"! So we did...
For Christmas I bought Clay an air compressor knowing it would be needed... and boy was it needed!

In the end the project included installing cabinets and counter tops. We also changed out a fan that will get in the way with the projector once we set up the entertainment system. We also added pot lights because the room needed more light. I LOVE the final results!



Next phase is to add a built-in bookshelf, a couch, and a projector to make this the perfect movie room! If you're looking for gift ideas now you know what I want!!


For Christmas Papa wanted to give me a gift but of course we don't need anything. So he took on a project of his own. While we have a large pantry it was not set up well. So Papa tackled the shelving issues and made a much more functional space. The PERFECT Christmas gift!!

Tackling the pantry!

The finished product! You can see the shelf extensions and he added a few shelves. Perfect!!

So with all that hard work Christmas dinner was prime rib, perogies, salad, and asparagus! DELICIOUS!!

Papa inspects dad's meat cutting method!

Clay and mom cook up some yummies!


Clay Papa & I
Clay, me, Mom & Dad

Let the Christmas gift opening festivities begin!!

Mom & her elephants!

Clay gets Green Lantern!

Papa & Dad examine their gifts!

Dad gets a magic top hat!

As always Clay and I were incredibly blessed this year and enjoyed Christmas with the family! Merry Christmas to all of you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful parents you have. They did an incredible job. Glad we got to see them. Merry Christmas!

mistymadisonjo said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. The projects turned out wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like a fun time, and it looks like the boys had fun building stuff. Did you get Dad the top hat? I looked for one for him last year (I think it was) and couldn't find one anywhere! Or at least not a magic one.

Becky said...

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I tagged you! http://alysonklein.blogspot.com/2012/01/tagged-read-at-your-own-risk.html