Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tagged - I'm it!

Alrighty. My sister and my mom both tagged me. Consequently I feel guilty and must answer the questions. But no fear - I have no intention of tagging others mostly because then I'd have to think of questions and that sounds like work!

Questions from Alyson:

1. Would you rather be in prison for the rest of your life, or stranded on a deserted island with your closest loved ones for the rest of your life? (Assuming this is a tropical deserted island with plenty of food and such.)

I am a summer kind of gal so if you give me the opportunity to sit on a deserted island for the rest of my life I'd take it! Who needs anything but sun and sand!!

2. What was your biggest worry in high school? (Friends, grades, boys, acne, sports, something else?)

I'm not sure what my "biggest" worry was. I didn't have a boyfriend and I was boy crazy. I did worry about doing well in soccer. And I often worried about doing well in classes. Overall I think I had the normal teenage angst!

3. If you had to be a character in a movie, who would you want to be?

I'll pick a TV character and say Sydney Bristow from "Alias". But if I have to pick a movie character I'd chose Laura Croft!

4. Would you choose an all-expense paid trip around the world (as many destinations as you want, for however long you want it to be, including your spouse and family if you want), or would you rather have $1 million cash here and now?

Trip around the world baby!!! I could spend WAY more than $1MM on that trip.

5. If you had to go a year and eat only 5 foods, what would you choose? (Let's assume your nutritional needs are taken care of by a vitamin of some sort.)

Pre-pregnancy I would have picked sweets but pregnancy has KILLED my sweet tooth. So I guess I'll say Becky's beer bread (seriously the best bread on the planet!), Clay's Italian stuffed shells, fresh raspberries, 1492 queso, and tomato basil soup! Now this pregnant lady is hungry!!

6. What is your favorite physical feature on yourself?

My athleticism. I'm not sure if that counts as a physical feature but I've learned to love that I have an athletic build and can be muscularly toned. I used to want to be skinny but I prefer my own body type now.

7. What is your very first memory as a child?

My parents moved out of this house and I remember sitting on the kitchen floor while my dad and uncle Don were moving out furniture and petting our cat. I asked my mom and grandma if it's an actual memory because I would have been around 18 months and they both confirmed that I do remember the moment.

8. If you had to move to another country, which country would you choose and why?

I loved visiting Australia. Lots of interesting and adventurous things to do.

9. What movie can you watch over and over and over again?

Star Wars... all of them. Even Episodes 1-3 which weren't as good but tell and important back story.

10. What is one job that you'd like to do, but can't or wouldn't because of circumstances? (circumstances such as: it doesn't pay well enough, the hours are bad, you don't live in a place where there's a great need for marine biologists, you don't have the body type to be a professional figure skater...)

I want to be a Mythbuster!!!

11. What is your secret phobia? (I'm not talking spiders or being alone or public speaking, I'm talking about the weird and totally irrational one that you don't like to admit to.)

Other people dying. I hate grief and I fear going through the grieving process.


Questions from Mom:

1. If you could live in any period of history, except the present, when would it be and why?

I would live in the south pre-Civil War. I always wanted to wear a hoop skirt!

2. If you could meet one famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?

I'm not sure on this one. I've never really contemplated meeting someone famous. I think I would be interested in meeting someone like Amelia Erhart or Ghandi or Mother Theresa. Someone who did a lot of adventurous or noteworthy things and ask them what drove them each day.

3. Which super power would you choose: super strength invisibility, x-ray vision, or flight?

HA! ! This made me think of Alyson who used to wish she was magical and she could do anything with her magic. But if I have to pick just one I think I would pick time traveler.

4. What book can you read over and over?

Tuck Everlasting

5. What is your most secret desire?

To be a Mythbuster?!? Just kidding! I really don't know. I'll have to think about it.

6. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

A horse. I've always LOVED horses and wanted to be a horse, wanted to ride horses, wanted to train horses. I love horses!!

7. Omitting God and Jesus, what Bible character would you like to interview? What would your opening question be?

Melchizedek. Q: Who were you really?

8. If you could live in any city/state in America, where would it be and why?

Somewhere in Hawaii. I love the beach baby!!

9. What do you want your legacy to be?

Generosity.

10. If you could tell a deceased loved one just one more thing, who would it be and what would you tell them?

I would have told Gma Sue that Clay and I were planning to have a baby. She would have been happy. But then again it looks like she already knew before everyone else.

11. If you could eat one sweet every day without repercussions, what would it be?

Not sure right now. Itty Bitty killed my sweet tooth.



And there you have it folks. More about me than you wanted to know.

No comments: