Monday, July 23, 2012

Gramby Comes to Visit

My mom came down to visit Pierce last week.  I'd like to pretend that she came to see Clay and I, but we all know who the main attraction is these days.  It's been hot here.  And by hot I mean 100F or more everyday so we really didn't get out and do a lot.  But we spent time cuddling with Pierce and her visit allowed me to rest and recover some more. 

Gramby imparts her wisdom


Could this guy look any happier to be a daddy?


Snuggly naps are the best!

 Unfortunately Pierce had a tummy ache a couple of evenings.  Mom discovered that laying him over her knee helped get the gas bubbles out and calmed him down.  He was so calm in fact he fell asleep just like this.


From the day Pierce was born we have been told how alert he is.  In fact the doctors and nursers in the hospital were amazed how alert he was even after the traumatic labor and delivery.  Anyhow, we captured a video of the little man looking around and talking with us.  Here's Pierce at 3 weeks.


Overall it was a nice visit.  Pierce already misses his Gramby!

5 comments:

Ogday in Montana said...

I had a great time. Pierce is adorable, sweet and oh so cuddly!! Love you guys. Give Pierce a big hug and kiss from Gramby. By the way - Geezer is sufficiently jealous of my visit:)

Becky said...

Unfortunately, you will not be the reason for family to come visit you for a VERY, VERY long time. Pierce is the new prince in your kingdom! :D

ann said...

What a sharp young man!

Ogday in Montana said...

If Clay smiled any wider, he would break his mouth. He is going to be a fabulous father!!! And you, Shy, are going to be a wonderful mother!! You are both already doing a great job!! Love you all three.

Amanda said...

I love him!! :) I can't wait to see you all in just a few months! :)