We've had several folks ask us about Adia's name (mostly how to pronounce it) so I thought I would share the story.
Her full name is Adia Harper Dwyer. Adia is pronounced Ay-dee-ah. Or as Clay says "A as in Clay; Dee as in deer; Ah in car." Adia is a name I have loved since high school from the song "Adia" by Sarah McLachlan. So when we were pregnant with Pierce and choosing names I suggeted Adia for a girl and Clay liked it.
We loved the name even more when I looked up the meaning of the name. There is some discrepancy but it's either Swahili or Arabic. In Swahili the name means "gift" and in Arabic it means "gift from God". Either way we found the meaning to be very appropriate for a little girl and she is a gift from God!
As for Harper, this is Clay's mom's maiden name. We like that each of our kids have a connection to their family history through their middle names.
1 comment:
I love the meaning of her name. How special.
Post a Comment