Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Law School

I haven't included many blogs about my law school experience, and consequently a large part of my life has been omitted from the blog. I first have to admit that I love law school. I realize this is insane, but I have really loved being back in the classroom. This semester I have four classes: Torts, Contract, Civ Pro, and LRW (Legal Research and Writing). While this may not seem like much it's amazing how much work these four classes can produce.

The evolution of a law student has been an interesting experience. I'll give you just one example, because I'm sure you don't have time to hear all of the ways my world has changed. One of the favorite questions of a law professor is "What do you think of the court's decision?" This question feels like the death trap to a 1L who fears being "wrong", so for the first few weeks the answer was either complete silence or someone brave soul would speak up only to praise the glorious, infallible court. About a week ago this changed. Suddenly the court is always wrong and our 6 weeks of legal education has made it possible to find the flaws in the court's logic. We especially enjoy picking on the Supreme Court. I'm not sure why this change occurred but it has been amazing to witness.

No comments: