Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Puppy Present

Clay is out of town this weekend which has made for an interesting situation. I really don't like being home alone so I always have the dogs at my side for "protection". (For those of you who know my dogs, please feel free to laugh.) Anyhow, last night I finally decided I should hit the sack so I let the dogs out to do their thing. So I'm standing on the back porch watching the dogs sniff around the yard. After several minutes of sniffing and playing I call them in. They both prance up to the door just as proud as they can be and Baxter tries to hand me something... a dead something. I COMPLETELY freak! I start yelling to drop it and I'm jumping up and down and screaming. I get them to drop and leave the dead thing and get in the house to grab a flashlight to find out what this thing was they had brought me. It turns out it was a bunny!!!! Completely disgusting!

Long story short, it completely freaked me out and I couldn't sleep. The dogs couldn't figure out what they had done wrong because they figured they were bringing me a present. The whole thing was a mess. I can't wait until Clay gets home!

No comments: