Oh for the days when spring break was fun and games. In high school I spent spring break laying around the house waiting for afternoon soccer practice to start. I think I had homework... I'm not sure I ever did it until Sunday night before school started again.
Spring break in undergrad was marked with service projects and inner-city mission trips. These were great trips where I had the wonderful opportunity to serve alongside fellow classmates and Christians. I have tons of great memories of Memphis and San Antonio... oddly enough they are all on the "bad" side of town where we met people from every walk of life.
Spring break in law school is altogether a different beast. I am not laying around the house waiting for something to start. Nor am I out serving the community. Instead I'm doing homework and scared to death that a week won't be enough time to catch me up on my outlines, write my appellate brief, summer job hunt, fill out my FAFSA, clean my house, do my homework, and visit with my mother-in-law who is in town for a few days. To top it all off, day light savings time kicked in stealing 1 hour out of my already crowded spring break schedule.
Oh well... back to civil procedure.
1 comment:
I totally feel your pain! I'm in final's week - whose sick joke was it to put finals week during Daylight Savings time? I hope you find an extra hour here or there so you can get caught up! :)
Post a Comment