Tonight I had a truly Oklahoma experience. I have been told by several people, mostly native Oklahomans, that I HAD to try Eischen's. It's one of those hole-in-the-wall local favorites. So tonight I went to Eishen's with the chambers that I am clerking for to celebrate one of the clerk's birthday.
Eischen's has figured out how to streamline the restaurant process in every way imaginable. First, it's seat yourself and if all of the tables are full you have to hover over a table until the party leaves and then grab their seats (lucky we got there before the rush). Next the drink order experience. They offer 2 kinds of bear, Bud or Coors, and Coke products. That's it. Don't try to ask for anything fancy... it's not there.
However, their ultimate achievement is in streamlining their menu. When the waiter came up to take our order the question was "how many chickens?" You see the only food they serve is fried chicken. And you can only order it as a whole chicken. (None of these "white meat only" orders.) So out comes dinner ... 2 whole chickens (yes they do cut it into pieces), fried okra, and pickles. That's it. That's all that's on their menu.
Finally, Eischen's has streamlined the clean-up process. There are no fancy gadgets like forks or knvies... not even plastic ones. You've got fingers, USE THEM! Furthermore, your plate is a fancy piece of wax paper. Finally, all food is delivered in paper boxes like you would get a hot dog at a football game. Everything is disposable. Convenient.
My only question is, what other business could stick around with this kind of business model?
1 comment:
Yummy! Except that fried chicken makes me sick to my stomach for the day. We'll still have to go...love okra! :)
-- Amanda
Post a Comment