Yesterday when Clay got home we decided to walk the dogs after dinner. We had watched the news while we ate and the weather guys had to go to Kansas to have something to talk about. So off we went. When we were at the furthest point from the house (of course) suddenly this HUGE storm cloud formed in a matter of minutes. We decided it was in the best interest to head home and quickly as possible. Just a minute later the cloud opened up and the biggest splashiest rain drops came pouring down. We ran home but before we could even make it home the storm had moved past us. But I told Clay that the cloud looked like the kind where a tornado could drop out at any moment so when we got home we checked the weather and the storm ended up producing 3 or 4 tornadoes as it moved north.
Then before we went to bed we checked the weather again and everything was all clear. So at 1am Maggie woke me up because there was some thunder and lightening. Instead of being annoyed I just took off her collar and told her to go to sleep. However, I could tell that the weather was getting worse so I decided to get up and check to see if there was some really bad weather. As I did the BIG storm hit and we were pelted with ping pong ball size hail. It was so loud we had to crank up the TV. It was crazy! It was so bad I went to see how our "garden" survived. The canas were shredded and earlier this year we had planted a peach tree and we were going to get 3 peaches... now we only have one. Anyhow, it was crazy!
2 comments:
Why is it we always get the craziest weather during finals? First an ice storm then this. Yesterday, Jeff and I took a walk with Miss Lil because I decided I needed a break from studying Con Law Flash Cards all day. During our walk the tornado sirans went off. It was crazy because in our part of the city it was 100% clear with the sun shinning. Darn OK weather!
Hm...I don't miss this time of year at all. But I totally miss you!! We need to visit with each other soon, even I'm not able to come up to Moscow! :) Love ya!
--Amanda
Post a Comment