Monday, September 01, 2008

Tradition!


I love the anniversary tradition Clay and I started in our first year. Actually Clay had no idea he was starting a tradition at the time. As everyone knows newly weds save a piece of their wedding cake top (or the whole thing) to be eaten on the 1 year anniversary. The question is "who wants to eat year-old cake?" Anyhow, Clay was being especially romantic so he had the same bakery recreate our cake top so we could have a bite of the old stuff but enjoy the good stuff. Consequently, every year we have gone back and had our cake top remade.

Another tradition is the toast. My dear friends Gene and Pati purchased our toasting goblets for our wedding on the condition we would toast our marriage every year. So of course we do!

YEAH tradition!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's really sweet. I'm glad that you have traditions. We should take a hint from you :)

Unknown said...

Mmmm wedding cake sounds yummy! What kind of cake is it? I think one of our layers was carrot cake, but we didn't get it. I would have that remade!!

Amanda said...

How cool! We're unfortunately no where near where our bakery was - otherwise, this would be something cool for us to do! I'm glad you guys had a good anniversary! :)