My dear friend Sarah wrote me an email the other day giving me my first official alias. I told her that Clay and I are excited to go skiing over Christmas and she wrote . . .
I was reading your blog the other day, how sore you were and everything and I was remembering how many accidents you had. I think there is one in every family, but we have a name for that in our family. His name is Crash Klaudt. I should have done this long ago…I dub thee, Crash Blackketter-Dwyer. Now with that new name, DO NOT, hurt yourself skiing. LOL.
Yes I am officially Crash! To really appreciate this you must see me from Sarah's perspective. Sarah and I lived together for nearly 6 years (all the way through undergrad). During that time Sarah had the opportunity to take me to or visit me in the ER or hospital on numerous occasions. A quick recount of my injuries included a torn ACL my freshman year, my sophomore year I had to have a second "clean up" surgery, my junior year I again re-tore my knee (I was in Japan at this time), my 1st senior year I split my leg open trying to jump upon on a wall and had to have several stiches, my 2nd senior year I had pneumonia, and right after I graduated I was playing indoor soccer and tore all the tendons in my ankle. To top off the list there were number of minor bumps and bruises from college soccer as well as numerous injuries when I trained for my marathon. And yet Sarah was always there to help me through. (Thanks Sarah I owe you one or seven!)
So with that I fully embrace my new alias! I shall report back after Christmas on the success of the skiing!
4 comments:
Fitting alias. But if you get to be Crash, then I want to be Flash (ah ah, savior of the Universe!)
HA HA! Definitely fitting! Where are you going skiing?
How cute!!! You are the most coordinated and graceful Crash I've ever seen!!! Where are y'all going skiing?
LOL! I remember how many injuries you had and somehow it never stopped you from being super active. I hope you have fun skiing.
Post a Comment