Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A story

If you buy your husband a blueray DVD player for Christmas he is going to want the high-def television that goes along with it. And not just any high-def TV, but one that fits the living room. And if you have a high-def TV and blueray DVD player you're going to need the surround sound system that matches. And if you get a new surround sound system you're going to need to buy a new tuner to run all of those wires through. And if you allow your husband to buy the high-def TV you have to purchase the new TV stand for it to sit on. And if you buy a new TV stand you are going to need the matching end tables and coffee table. ***

The old . . .

Pretty awesome 1980s speaker system!
(This pic was near my b-day thus all the gifts)

Leftover college end table inherited from my folks (thanks mom and dad!)

Shamefully I was using the coolest 1970s gold and brown TV tray as an end table!

Somehow I missed a picture of our excellent coffee table complete with glass top and caster wheels. Man I hated to see that thing go :)!

So without further ado here is the new and improved living room!

46 inches of high-def awesomeness!

Solid wood end table - very nice!

The end table even has a matching buddy!
(As you can see Maggie is thrilled with the new furniture!)

*** Loosely based on Laura Joffe Numeroff's book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie"

7 comments:

Clay said...

I feel the need to defend myself here ... I don't really have a great comeback ... but I still feel the need to defend myself ...

Amanda said...

This will soon be our story. Shawn is already talking about THIS being the year we get a hi-def TV after his deployment. He'll start looking while there...and instruct me on the one to purchase and have the Geek Squad install it while he's gone. And if we upgrade to a hi-def TV, we'll have to upgrade to hi-def Direct TV. And if we upgrade to hi-def Direct TV, I'll be required to record ALL Bama games in hi-def until he gets home! :)

Clay...no defense needed. You're a dude, most dudes like big TV's! :)

A Farmer's Wife said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it all!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

By the way...you get a real trainload of birthday presents!!! Way to go!!! I'm lucky to see one wrapped gift around this joint!!!

Rebecca said...

Yea for new furniture. Jonathan has wanted the new technology stuff. I haven't said yes b/c I suspected such results. Now my suspicions are confirmed. Don't you feel like an adult when you buy new furniture?

Unknown said...

Ooh, I like the furniture. Pretty! We just went through the whole Hi-Def upgrade scenario. Next will be an up-converting dvd player... or something like that. I think Jim speaks boy gibberish to confuse me and then BAM we have new gadgets.

Ogday in Montana said...

It looks great!! Can't wait to see it. We'll have to set aside time to actually watch a movie! Clay - there is no need to defend yourself!!!

Becky said...

Wow! I love all the new stuff! Maybe I should try the same approach to getting new furniture...LOL.