Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Safe and Sound

Clay and I are counting our blessings today. Last night one of the many tornadoes that hit Oklahoma passed through our neighborhood. We were watching the news and they kept saying it was getting close. We had prepared the hall bathroom (our safe room) and we were watching out the back window. Clay saw a large dust cloud and said to get to the safe spot. I saw the dust cloud to and ran and hid. Just as we got settled the power went out and we could hear the wind outside. When the storm passed we counted our blessings that we were safe, our house was fine, and the only damage was our fence.

Our east side neighbors. Notice you can see several backyards.


Our west side neighbors.

Notice the one fence post that remains standing and let me remind you of a certain fence incident a couple of years ago. Yes, the fence post that remains standing is the post that we had to fix about a year ago. Thanks again Uncle Don and Uncle Dean! Good work!

Also, just for Alyson, the culprit....

Again our fence was taken down by a child's toy!

So that's the story. We are safe and sound. I, of course, am going to perhaps over react because I'm having a storm shelter installed in our garage on Friday. I guess this one was just a bit too close for comfort.

Also, one of the news channels around here has a web site where you can send in pictures and they will broadcast them. Someone happened to catch a picture of the tornado that hit our neighborhood from inside our neighborhood.


And that, my friends, in spring time in Oklahoma!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those kids' cars are trouble, I'm telling you!

Ogday in Montana said...

I'm so glad you are safe and your house is intact. Yeah for storm shelters. Hopefully Misty & Justin can find out who the trampoline belongs to!!!

Moxie Girl said...

Whew!! Glad you guys came out of it with nothing worse than a blown down fence.

Kelly T said...

Glad to hear you're okay!

Clark5 said...

I am so glad that you all are okay! Oklahoma weather can be crazy! Take care!

Becky said...

Wow! If Clay needs up getting the fence back up, tell him to give Tony a call.