When Clay and I were looking at houses one of the negatives on the house we bought was the size of the driveway. It's HUGE! And steep! We both noted that it would be a HUGE pain to dig out should we have a big storm. But we comforted ourselves with the knowledge that last year's Christmas blizzard was the storm of the century, and since we didn't intend to live for another 100+ years we figured we were mostly safe.
Apparently the whole "storm of the century" was a bunch of bull, because we just had to dig out our enormous driveway from the latest "storm of the century"! And when I say "we" what I mean was Clay was digging while I painted and then I helped him finish up this morning.
4 comments:
We've NEVER (knock on wood) had a storm like that here in Boise! That's completely insane, Shyla!! I'm glad you guys are finally dug out! I'll brag - it's almost 50 degrees here today! :)
And your guests tonight will appreciate all of your (Clay's) diligent work clearing out the driveway :)
Just in time for this week's snow!!!
Ok, so I have to giggle a little that your driveway is "steep" (he he he) BUT it is rather large and covered with quite a lot of snow. Unfortunately in Oklahoma there's almost no chance of having a friendly neighbor with a snow blower. So digging it is! :)
Post a Comment