I've decided on avocado as the first food. I didn't like the idea of rice cereal and having a process grain be the first food. I'm also interested in baby led weaning which feels much more natural to me than spoon feeding a baby. So for the last couple of weeks we've had Pierce sit at the table with us and play with a spoon to get use to meal times. It's been an interesting transition but I think it's working okay. So far we are just getting Pierce used to the feel of a solid food in his mouth and what to do with it once the food is in his mouth. While he's not quite sure what to do he clearly wants more!
Pierce has also developed an interest in Baxter and Maggie. He really really really wants to feel their fur. At first they were willing to get close but when they discovered that Pierce is an ear grabber they now keep their appropriate distance. But if we're all on the floor the dogs will come and get in on the action. And I'm really pleased with them because so far if Pierce starts to bother them they just get up and walk away. They really are great family dogs.
Pierce wants to go for a pony ride!
Me and all my babies!
What does Baxter feel like?
It's fun to pet Maggie!
Our next trick will be to work on being gentle with the puppies!
2 comments:
It is wonderful that the dogs are so good with him...he is getting so big
Hey lady your hair is getting so long! I guess you always have it pulled back when I see you.
Post a Comment