Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas!

Well folks we celebrated a fabulous Christmas just our little family.  Pierce did want a hippopotamus for Christmas, and thanks to Alyson he already had one!

Pierce with his Hippo!

It took me a long time to get ready to set up the Christmas tree.  It's a lot of work and since it was just going to be the three of us I considered not even setting up a tree.  Then I thought that would make me a bad mother not having a tree for Pierce's first Christmas.  So alas we put up the tree and had a lot of fun showing Pierce the shiny ornaments!








We also received a few special new ornaments this year.  It was nice to add these to the tree since I figure this is our last year for breakable ornaments for a few years!

Baby's First Christmas



 My friend Acacia brought this guy back from her trip to Germany


Last year Ellen bought us ornaments for our growing family but since the pregnancy wasn't public knowledge I couldn't share.  But here's our little moose family!

A co-worker of mine, Donnie, got Pierce a baby's first Christmas ornament
On Christmas Eve we received new Christmas pajamas from Mrs. Claus (a Klein family tradition we chose to adopt) and read the Night Before Christmas!
Christmas jammies and our new story!

And Christmas morning we had fun opening our gifts (but mostly just chewing on the new packages)!



We were supposed to get a snowapocolypse on Christmas, but the predictions WAY overestimated our actual snow fall.  However the weather was yucky and cold so we had to make our own fun around the house!

Mush, Dad, mush!

And of course the dogs just thought everything was just crazy!





But we had a nice Christmas and enjoyed time just our little family!

We worked more on eating solids...

 




 Pierce got LOTS of kisses from momma!


 Pierce also enjoyed rolling around on the floor (since he can now roll both forward and backward)!


 He sucks his thumb when he is either extremely tired or extremely hungry!  It's pretty darn cute!
 
And of course took naps (or at least laid in the crib and refused to nap)!


 I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you a blessed 2013!

5 comments:

ann said...

Such a sweet bebe and family. A very happy 2013 to you all.

Becky said...

Great pics!

Unknown said...

Awwww, what a cutie pie! Christmas is even more fun when you get to share it with your bebes!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! Pierce sure got some cute ornaments. I love the Christmas Eve pajama tradition.

Moxie Girl said...

Merry Christmas, Shyla! I love the ornaments. So fun!