Some things in life take a bit longer to learn than others. This week I've definitely learned I need to listen to my body. Last weekend we had planned to go to an OU football game with several friends. I wasn't feeling all that hot and really didn't think I should go. On top of not feeling well the temperature was supposed to be around 40F with a blustery wind and all of this was a bad combination. I didn't listen to myself and now I'm sick. I would like to say I had a good time at the game and my many layers kept me mostly warm, but I have learned my lesson. From now on I will listen to my body and not do activities when I know I should not participate.
PS. Keep in mind this is like a New Year's resolution, which means I will probably break it the next time my friends want to go have a good time and I'm not feeling well. I'll still tag along in spite of my better judgment!
No comments:
Post a Comment