Saturday, July 26, 2008

Goodbye Car

This weekend Clay was in a pretty scary car wreck. He was hit from behind on the highway while coming to a stop near an earlier wreck. Praise God Clay walked away and we are continuing to assess any ongoing health concerns. However, I had to say goodbye to my baby car.

When I graduated from college I was really ready for a new car since I had spent my college days in an ever so stylish 1992 Ford Taurus. So once I got a job I bought my dream car a 2002 VW Jetta. This little car was great. Great gas mileage, lots of fun to drive and so much more.

Lucky for Clay he was driving the Jetta at the time of the wreck. I had taken the Alero to a friend's wedding in Missouri. Unfortunately the wreck happened before I got to the wedding and I had to turn around and come home (sorry Jessica). But the lucky part is that the Jetta is a tank! As Clay put it, my little tank saved his life. While we don't have official word on anything yet we're pretty sure the car is totaled.

Goodbye Jetta! We will miss you.






Praise God Clay is safe. However, now I have to go new care shopping. I was not previously in the market for a new car so I'm having a hard time getting geared up for this. But I'm sure in the next week or so I will be excited and find something great which I will share with my blogging friends. In the meantime we appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers for Clay's continued recovery.

4 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe it!!! I am so glad Clay is ok and you are home safe too!!! I can't wait to see what you get! You guys stay safe and continue to take care of each other!!! Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Get another Jetta! Obviously they're safe :) I'm super glad that Clay is ok.

Amanda said...

I second Alyson's opinion about the Jetta. As I said on the phone, Shawn and I are both so glad that Clay is okay! Keep me posted on the recovery...and on your new car! :) Love you!!

Dani said...

OMG! How scary - I'm sorry you're both going through this, but I'm so glad he's safe.