Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Olympics

I love the Olympics. Clay and I always watch WAY too much television during the Olympics because there are so many neat events to see. Furthermore, the Olympics provides me with a great opportunity to show Clay how great I could have been at certain sports. For example, during the last winter Olympics we have some great shots (that will never be seen in public) of me displaying my figure skating talent.

Anyhow, last night before going to bed I decided that I would practice my Olympic sports for this year. I have selected this high jump which consists of running from the living room into the bedroom and taking a flying leap before landing on the bed. I am VERY good at this sport. I also decided I would brush up on my boxing skills which requires using Clay's pillow as a punching bag. Clay is less than thrilled about my Olympic boxing experience. So we'll see how short lived my Olympic career will be this summer.

In other news, Clay is continuing to get better. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers during this time. We still haven't settled on the car so it will be a few more days before we buy a new car. And (sadly) only a little over a week before school starts again!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

HA HA HA! I can just see you practicing your skating in the living room...and using a pillow for a punching bag. I personally want to see those pics!! LOL!!

ngerharter said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one dorky enough to do things like this. Our poor husbands...