Sunday, October 05, 2008

Race for the Cure

Yesterday I ran in the 15th annual OKC Race for the Cure. Apparently there was something like 20K participants. The race took us around Bricktown and pass the National Memorial. I have run this race before and it is always a great time and benefits a wonderful cause. I don't know what my time was yet because they haven't posted the race results and I had a difficult time finding the clock at the finish line. They did have a split time clock at the 4k mark which I hit at 25 minutes so assuming I kep my pace I probably finished the race in about 32 minutes.

Overall I had a great weekend. Here's to Monday! (just kidding)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeay!! You ran for boobies, too! :) LOL! The shirts they had at ours (and I'm sure that were at yours) were hilarious! I'll probably run it again next year...it supports a good cause. I'm glad you had a great time.

Kelly T said...

Good for you! I miss running so much right now, and I definitely miss races like the Race for the Cure. I think we ran into you there last year, too!

A Farmer's Wife said...

YAY for you!!! That is awesome!!! I am slowly breaking into the love of running...SLOWLY!!! I enjoy it more and more each time and my body handles it better and better each time! I don't think I'll ever run a marathon but I am enjoying it! I still walk way more than I run...there's no hope for me!!!