So remember at Christmas when Clay "tweaked his knee." Yeah well that "tweak" was more like a torn ACL and medial meniscus. So we're off to the ER tomorrow morning to take care of Clay's knee. The good news is now Clay can be a part of the Blackketter family. Why you ask? Well I tore my ACL and have had 3 surgeries, my sister tore her ACL and opted out of surgery, and my dad has had knee surgery. (Sorry mom and Jim it looks like you're not part of the family yet.) Apparently it's a Blackketter thing. So welcome to the family Clay!
P.S. Say a prayer for Clay tomorrow. His surgery is at noon and I'll update afterwards.
6 comments:
Actually Jim made the family by becoming an Engineer ... those were the 2 options Engineering or tearing your ACL ... the Blacketters just want to see if you are committed or really smart ... I shall be committed tomorrow. :)
Good luck tomorrow Clay!! I'll be praying for a quick recovery! :)
Good Luck Clay! We are praying for you!
Good luck Clay! Take advantage of having to be waited on hand and foot.. and knee! :)
Clay, take it from me, you were a part of this family long before you hurt your knee!!! We love you and will be praying for a quick recovery!!
Love,
Dad & Mom B
I hope everything went well. I know the first couple of days can be the worst. The biggest thing is to make sure you get up and get moving as soon as they let you. My patients always balk at getting up, but it really does help, even if you can't bear any weight on the leg. Good luck with the recovery!
Post a Comment