This weekend marks the first weekend of bar prep courses offered from the school. Yes I said bar prep. I don't take the bar until July but I get to start studying for this lovely exam NOW! My heart skipped a beat just thinking about it. My fear is that I will fail. I realize this is a very real possibility since I have had a few friends in recent attempts actually fail. In fact the thought that I would have to take the bar was the only reason I almost chose not to attend law school. But I will try to put my fears in perspective and focus on the positive.
However, I just keep wondering where 3 years of my life went. I feel like I just started law school, how can I possibly be ready to finish up. Yet at the same time I realize that during this period of my life several of my friends (including my sister) have had babies or are currenlty pregnant. My bro-in-law finished his masters and my cousin is about to graduate from undergrad and start law school. My parents have moved and changed jobs. The country has changed presidents. Apparently the world did not stop for my law school experience.
So while I am anxious about taking the bar I am ready to get my life back and stop having everything pass me by.
P.S. Clay continues down the road to recovery. However, he gets the privilege of 4 more weeks on crutches. The only benefit is he gets a temp handicap sticker (or "lame and lazy" as my dad would say).
1 comment:
Don't sweat the bar...you'll do fine. You've never failed anything in your life...and even if you do, you can always retake it. You'll be fine!!!
I'm glad Clay is doing better. He totally deserves the "differently abled" sticker for his car! :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment