Friday, January 29, 2010

Iceapocolypse 2010

Yet again the winter weather has struck Oklahoma causing everything to shut down. This time we are experiencing an ice storm followed up by snow. Of course Oklahoma is never capable of dealing with winter weather so everything shuts down. Consequently, Clay and I both got off work at noon yesterday (Thursday) and are at home today also! Whoopee for working from home.

Here's some pics from the house...

Check out the ice on the tree limbs.


No folks, that's not snow that's ice on the lawn!

This morning then we woke up to the start of the snow storm. It's predicted we'll get between 3-5 inches of snow.

Polar Bear #1

Polar Bear #2

And here is how the family likes to spend cold days like this. Last weekend Clay was doing homework and when he emerged from his man-cave here's what he found...



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww... are you sucking your thumb?

Hopefully you guys don't lose power or anything, but the days off will be fun!

Shyla said...

No I'm not sucking my thumb, but it's funny that it looks that way. That was one of the best naps I've had in a long time :)!

Kelly T said...

Strangely, it looks way worse in Wichita today, but Ben and I were both at work. Go figure.

Ogday in Montana said...

Wish I could have been there for nap time!!! Looks like fun!!

Amanda said...

Oklahoma seriously has WAY worse weather than Boise! :) I hope you all stay safe during this year's Worst. Storm. Ever.

Moxie Girl said...

Yay for free days off!

mistymadisonjo said...

That is too funny. I wish I could take a nap.