Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Rest of the Story

Here are some pictures of the rest of the storm. OKC had about 5-8 inches of snow and we had about 7 inches at the house. Crazy stuff :)!

Baxter wants to move to Florida!

Maggie doesn't like the snow either.

They both thought we were punishing them when they had to go outside. Poor puppies :(

View out our front window.

Out the back door. Notice the icicles they will become important...


They kept growing...

And growing...

And growing...


By the end we had stalagmites and not just icicles!

Finally we decided that they needed to come down before they fell on a dog. So we geared up for the great demolition. Since I just took my OSHA safety course this week we decided to go about this operation safely.





Clay has some more pictures of the incredible growing icicles. We did leave the big one so we'll see if it touches the ground.

4 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Very cold! Looks like you guys are making the most of it though! Have fun and stay warm!!!

mistymadisonjo said...

Isn't it kinda fun though? We broke some off in the back yard as well.

Unknown said...

poor doggies! I'm guessing the dogs were watching you demolish the icicles from inside the house? I bet they wanted in on the action. I like how your last two posts have had video clips :)

Heidi said...

Everything is starting to trun into a mess now that it is melting. Cute pics!