Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So far I say poo on 2010!

While most people were more than happy to see 2009 in the rear view mirror I actually enjoyed that year. Clay and I were really blessed in 2009 and while I understand most people's sentiments I found myself in the minority of folks where were sad to see 2009 go.

However, 2010 is not getting on my good side. To start things off I injured my Achilles tendon last week while running. I took the rest of the week off and after talking with the doctor I need to take at least 2 more weeks off to make sure it heals. If not I'm off to physical therapy. YUCK!

Second this weekend I came down with what I thought was a bad cold. I spent Sunday on the couch and when I didn't feel better Monday I went to the doctor. Turns out I have a severe upper respiratory infection that is moving into my lungs (hello pneumonia). Thank goodness I went to the doctor when I did and I wasn't stubborn.

So here I sit. No rowing, no working out. In fact getting up to walk to my office was a bit of a strain. So I am tired now and must go take a nap. Maybe I'll wake up and it will be 2009 again :)!

7 comments:

Becky said...

I hope it gets better for you! We are only 12 days in...and there are many more days to go.

Ogday in Montana said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Wish I was there to take care of you, make you chicken soup and tea, and tuck you in with an afghan to watch a good movie. Hope you get better soon. Take care of that achilles tendon. They can cause real problems.

Unknown said...

That stinks about your ankle. Didn't you injure your achilles tendon once before? Is it the same ankle? And URI's are no fun. Hopefully you can nip it in the bud!

Amanda said...

I was happy in 2009, too...and actually a bit sad to see it go. Sorry you're sick...no fun at all! And...yeay we can be no-workout buddies for the next little bit since I can't work out either! :) Not that I'm thrilled your Achilles tendon is all messed up but at least we can commiserate together about our inability to work out!

Unknown said...

You poor thing! Hope you get better soon so we can make some fun times happen for you in 2010. Being sick plus injured is no good.

Kelly T said...

No fun. Hope your year gets better quickly!

mistymadisonjo said...

Sorry to say, but I don't like 2009, it was those darn black eyed peas.
Hope you are feeling better.