First I'd like to say thanks to all the positive feedback I received from the last post. I'm sure some of you think I'm nuts, but for the most part it seems everyone just likes the honesty. Don't worry, there's more where that came from! Clay and I have continued to discuss all of our parenting ideas and there will be more blogs on that topic!
The big family new this week was the new addition to my family. My sister, Alyson, and her husband, Jim, added another sweet girl to their family. Clementine Sue Ellen Klein joined us on March 6. I'm very excited for them and their new addition. If you want more details you can follow my sister here.
Clay and I have been busy getting the house ready for spring. Since I'm concerned I'm going to be out of commission for some portion of this summer it's best to have things ready to go from the start. The yard is a work in progress. The prior owner essentially did NO yard work. So we had a blank slate to work with. Yesterday we got out and weeded the front flower bed and put down some fertilizer. We put the garden in last year so we just needed to get it cleaned up and ready to go. My friend who designed the garden listened to our desires that we don't want a lot of gardening so all of the plants are perennial. We do need to add some more ground cover this spring but that's an easy addition.
Our other big yard addition is TREES!!!!! Clay and I LOVE trees and if you've been to the house you know that we don't have any. (Technically that's a lie because we have two Bradford Pear trees in the front yard but those are ugly trees so they don't count.) Anyhow, we had used a local tree farm for the trees at the old house and had loved our trees (in fact that was the hardest part of moving). So yesterday we ventured back to the tree farm with the intention of buying 3-5 trees as an initial step in our tree landscape design. As luck would have it we hit the tree farm with a 50% off sale as they were warming up for the spring planting season. So we left with 9 trees!!!! (yes I said 9) They will be planted this week and I am thrilled. I've taken some before pics, but I will save those for another post after the trees are planted!
While we were at the tree farm we took an opportunity to take some belly pics. It's nice to have the pics all taken in different places.

1 comment:
yea for yard work! Lovely pic of you and itty bitty at the tree farm.
Post a Comment