Sunday, May 27, 2012

Term

Itty Bitty and I have made it to 37 weeks and all is well.  On Thursday I started having some consistent Braxton Hicks that lasted through Friday.  But that fun seems to have subsided for the Memorial Day weekend.  I think Itty Bitty is holding on for June.  Although I'm not sure we are going to make it the full 40 weeks.  (And now that I've said that we will go 42 weeks.  HA!)

I thought it would be fun to do some pic comparison to mark this occasion.  I looked back and found this picture was the first one in maternity clothes.

Here we are at 18 weeks.

So for fun I wore the same outfit to see how Itty Bitty (and my belly) have grown.

Holy cow check out the belly!

Me & Itty Bitty at 37 weeks

In case you didn't notice, that shirt does NOT fit anymore.  I had the Winnie the Pooh look which is not a good look.  It's pretty sad when you start to outgrow clothing designed for a growing belly.  Hopefully that's a sign Itty Bitty is going to be a healthy baby!

A few other pregnancy things to record:
  - I'm the only cold pregnant lady on the plant.  Everyone told me how hot they were while they were pregnant and since I'm such a cold natured person I was excited to actually be warm for once in my life.  Yeah that hasn't happened.
  - My belly button is starting to pop.  Here's hoping I don't develop a full outie!
  - My feet have started to swell (BOO!).  Luckily I didn't have to fight swelling for my whole pregnancy but I definitely need to keep my feet up regularly.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww what a cute preggo belly! I only had an outie with #3, and it went away, so don't worry. :) Braxton Hicks are frustrating because they get you all excited, and then go away. But more work now means less work later. Also, I had to wear support hose and they really helped. It's only a couple mire weeks, but if your feet are bugging you, get some compression hose! Yay for 3 (or 5) more weeks!!!

Amanda said...

Yeay for being term! And I love your little (big) prego belly! I think pregnancy is the coolest time in our life. I'm glad you're not roasting...it could be really miserable for you if you weren't such a cold-natured person. :)

Bethany said...

LOL.... I"m 18 weeks today, so it's nice to see what someone else looked like at my stage :) Blessings on you and Itty Bitty :)