Monday, August 06, 2012

Visitors for Pierce

I've discovered that the fastest way to become the most popular person is to have a baby.  Apparently people can't stay away!  We've had a lot of fun the past couple of weeks with a few special visitors dropping by to visit our little man.

First, my Papa (Dennis) came by to visit his first great grandson.  He's got 5 great granddaughters, but Pierce is the first grandson.  In addition, Papa is one of the Dennis namesakes so it was fun to see them together.  Papa was staying with Ellen so she took advantage of the opportunity to come visit again as well.

 Dennis and Pierce Dennis

Ellen snugglin' with Pierce

My good friend Pati also came and spent some time with us.  Pati has been a mentor and a great friend over the years so it was very special to have her come and spend some time loving on Pierce.  Also she totally spoiled Clay and I by taking care of chores and cooking.  What a treat!

Pierce loves Pati!


Pati, Pierce & me

Finally my friend Sherry stopped by with a special homemade gift.  I credit Sherry with introducing me to rowing.  She is currently training for nationals in kayak!  Good luck to her!

Check out the awesome homemade afghan!

Pierce has also become much more alert and interactive lately.  While he was always an alert baby he didn't have a lot of quiet awake time.  Lately he has started enjoying laying by himself and cooing at us.  So for the grandparents and other interested parties here is a cute baby video!


Also we gave Pierce his first bottle this weekend.  I'm going back to work in a couple of weeks so it was important to get him used to the bottle.  And like all good first time parents we documented the experience!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, he's growing so big! It's amazing how quickly they change. I'm excited to get to see him in a couple of months!

Ogday in Montana said...

He has grown so much!!! I can't wait to see him again. Love you guys!!