Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Clay!

This weekend we celebrated Clay's birthday.  We are still adjusting to parenting so we didn't actually *do* anything exciting.  But we spent some quality family time together and Clay made some fabulous lasagna (yes Clay cooked his own birthday dinner but in my defense he loves cooking and it was his choice!).  We also opened birthday gifts.

Clay, his boy, and his loot!

Pierce helping daddy open this gifts!

Like father, like son

Clay also uploaded several pics he took with his fancy camera in the last few weeks and I thought I'd share them.

Ellen with her favorite great nephew!
(yes I'm sure Pierce is her only great nephew)

Clay captured some great pics of Pierce and Papa


 



Our handsome little man!

 
 Finally, last post I talked about the Tummy Tub.  I wanted to capture some cute baby pics of Pierce in his little tub. 

Does the arm make food?

Chillin' in my own personal hot tub!


After bath time we needed some cute, cuddly, clean baby pics... but the flash scared Pierce so we got wide eyed, freaked out baby pics.  This cracked us up!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
 
I start back to work next week on a part time basis.  I'm very thankful I have the option of working part time to ease myself back into the office.  While I'm excited to return to work (I really do love my job); I'm so sad to leave my little man for the whole day.  A few weeks ago I defiantly told Clay that I wasn't going to back to work and there was no way he could make me.  In Clay's usually calm manner he shrugged his shoulders and said "Okay."  I think he knew if I thought about it I would come around on my own.  I'm definitely ready for the adult interaction and the mental stimulation of work.  I'm also ready for a routine and settling into "normal."  But I know this will be a difficult transition.  Please pray for guidance and peace for me as I go back to work.  I know that God will provide answers to my questions and we will find balance.  In the meantime I need to remember to relax and enjoy the ride!

3 comments:

Ogday in Montana said...

We hope Clay had a wonderful birthday!!!

I love the picture of him and Pierce chillin out in front of the tube. I cannot believe how much Pierce looks like his dad. So handsome!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

THANK YOU for posting about your favorite things. I order each and every one for my baby!

I will keep you in my prayers. I know you will find the right balance. Who knows, perhaps working part-time for a few years might be the answer? Also, I've always thought you'd make a great solo-practitioner! Maybe your own practice would fit better OR maybe it would be even more insane!

Leaving our precious ones with sitters/nannies/etc is so difficult! No one will love him as you do and no one will teach him as you would. No one can replace you and it's only a few really short years that FLY by until he's in school all day.

Work will ALWAYS be there. Your baby boy will not.

Love you lots,
The ever opinionated Xela

Kelso Family said...

Wide-eyed baby picture is Awesome! That needs to go on a greeting card of some sort.