Thursday, October 19, 2006

Aaahhh the Outline...

Most people who know me realize I'm not a procrastinator. I like my tasks to be done early, or at least on-time. I worry if I'm not ahead of schedule and constantly feel the push of deadlines. However, I do have one itsy bitsy item that has slipped its schedule... my outlines.

The outline is this mysterious document that is supposed to compress all of your class knowledge from the semester into a convenient document that you can effectively memorize within a few days and thus pass your finals. This would seem VERY important since the joy of law school is relying on one grade at the end of the semester to decide your academic fate.

Yet, somehow, I have let myself lag in the "outline generating" department. My lack of interest in outlining has nothing to do with the "need" for an outline or the "importance" of the outline. Instead, I'm dreading the outline. It is intimidating to contemplate writing a document that determines my academic future.

So here I sit surrounded by my contracts notes wondering exactly how much information needs to go in the outline. I have started on version two and I still seem to be struggling to really get going. So I guess I'll put away the blog and get back to the outline... Here's to Lucy v. Zehmer!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

UGH! I hate outlines in general...I don't learn like that! Good luck! Call if you need someone to complain to... :)