Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Confession

They say that confession is good for the soul and having been inspired by the web site PostSecret I have decided to post my own secret here on my blog. If you've never visited the PostSecret web site, it's where people anonymously mail in their darkest secrets and they are posted on the web. It's really amazing... and sad. Anyhow, I have decided to post my own secret here.

I am afraid of the dark. Yes, I know I should grow up and not be a 26 year old wuss, but I am afraid of the dark and always have been afraid. When I was a little girl I was never allowed to watch scary movies, nor did I want to because I would be too freaked out for far too long. However, the Freddy Kruger movies were really popular back then and all of the kids would talk about this scary guy with knifes for fingers who would walk around killing people. Forever I had a fear he would come attack me at night so I always had my be placed against a wall so he couldn't jump up from behind and kill me. Furthermore, I always looked forward to the day I was married so I'd have some guy there to watch my back as I slept. I have no idea why I wanted to have a guard to protect me before I was brutally murdered, but I guess I wanted to face impending death with my eyes open. (Yes, you can stop laughing now.)

Anyhow, as I've gotten older my fear has not subsided. In fact I told Clay I wanted to get BIG dogs so that when he's gone they can protect me. I had NO idea I would get the 2 biggest wusses known to mankind. So Baxter and Maggie are not a great deal of comfort, but they do have a threatening woof so maybe it's helpful.

That brings us to the present. So Clay is out of town and yet again I'm faced with the fear of being home by myself at night. Luckily I have made some great friends in law school who think my fear is completely ridiculous, but they humor me by coming and staying the night so at least I can get some sleep. So I just want to thank my great law school friends for their support of my completely irrational fear!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

HA HA!! Maybe we should address this. Perhaps in a session tomorrow around 3:30?? :) I'm only kidding. But I feel your pain - it sucks. Especially when the house creaks. I'm glad you have great friends who are willing to stay there to help you feel better. Oh yeah...and don't forget the scary movie we watched at noon and we were scared to death. That movie still freaks me out!! :) Love ya!