Monday, June 26, 2006

LawLaw Fun

This weekend my law school had a shin dig for the incoming 1Ls. It was a meet-n-greet meant to gear us up and prepare us for the trials ahead (no pun intended). While easing some of my anxieties (like will I make any friends) it also made law school very real for me. I've been planning this move for a year now so law school has been this event that's "out there" but not necessarily obtainable. But this weekend I got to realize how quickly the first day of class is coming.

The good news is I am prepared. We've financially prepared by saving up and all that jazz. I've mentally prepared by reading some books and relaxing. But in the end I'm about to make a HUGE lifestyle switch that kind of scares me.

In the end I know I can do it. I have to continue to remind myself that 9 zillion other people have made it through law school so surely I can make it also. I guess it's just time to gather some last minute courage and take the plunge.

PS... sorry for the boring blog. In exciting news you should have seen the Germany v. Sweden World Cup match this weekend!

No comments: