Friday, June 30, 2006

Will the fun never end???

I stayed home today (played hookie) and got to watch the Germany v Argentina World Cup game. This was an AMAZING game. There were many things that made this game exciting a lot of which was that the host team was playing. But i realized I was WAY too into the game in the second half of the over time period. I was cheering for Germany so as I watched my (now) farvorite player, Ballack, hobble bravely around the field I got teary eyed. Yes, I was THAT emotionally tied up in this game. Anyhow, in the end Germany pulled it off in PKs (which is a poopy way for Argentina to be elliminated from World Cup). Perhaps I should point out that really the German goalie, Lehmann, "won" the game. The man saved 2 PKs!! Seriously, a PK is almost impossible to stop but he managed to stop 2. If you missed the game... I'm sorry it was spectacular! Now I'm watching Italy v Ukraine... will the fun never end?!?!?!

Also, Happy Fourth of July! (and for the Canadian readers Happy Canada Day!) The joy of an international marriage is that the beginning of July we get to celebrate 2 independence days. So Saturday we're going to a Canada Day party at one of Clay's co-worker's homes and Tuesday we're heading out to some friend's house for fireworks! Hope everyone is has a great holiday weekend!

No comments: