Monday, June 19, 2006

REBATES

So Clay and I must be in the minority. I read an article about rebate offers with products. Apparently the goal of rebates are to make them so frustrating and drawn out that people will either forget they submitted the rebate and not follow up OR never submit the endless pile of paperwork to begin with.

What the rebate people don't know is that I work for the government. My life IS submitting endless piles of paperwork and forms. The other half of that is that I am my father's daughter. Some would call my father cheap, he always prefered thrifty. Anyhow, what I learned from my father is to keep track of ALL you pennies. And so here I sit... on hold... waiting for the customer service person to track down my rebate that they've been holding for 3 months. But I will prevail... the endless forms and borning elevator music will not stop me :)!

In other news... the US tied Italy in World Cup action... this means we have a chance of going on to the elimination round.

No comments: