Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THE CAVALRY!!!

The cavalry came yesterday morning to help fix our fence. Lucky for us my mom's extended family live in town and some of them are retired. So I called my uncle Don and asked if he was a fence building expert? He replied he had built a fence or two in his day and I informed him that in my world that made him and expert! So he grabbed my uncle Dean and they showed up at my house at about 10am with all the fence building tools one could imagine.

Dean & Don assessing the situation


The culprit!
(sorry Alyson I don't think the Power Wheels knocked down the fence)

Basically the fence fell down because the post had rotted. We knew it needed to be fixed a few months ago but no one wants to fix a fence in December so we had braced it and prayed it would hold until summer. Then Monday night we had straight line winds and the usual Oklahoma spring severe weather. Mix the two together and you get a broken fence!

Setting the new post

Clay helped by getting our crew lunch!

Once the cement set our neighbor Justin came over and put up the fence panels since I had class and Clay is still incapacitated.

Thanks uncle Don, uncle Dean and Justin for all your help!

P.S. The dogs say thank you also!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for uncle Don and uncle Dean!! When I was in college, Don and George came to fix my car on more than one occasion. It's great to have uncles! And I still hold that the pow-pow-power wheels did it!

Clay said...

I did have one job, "hold the fence," Justin asked. He then runs to the neighbors side and asks "do you still have it?" Sadly I reply "nope, the wind got it," Justin says "seriously?" Apparently the wind was just too much to hold onto, I leaned in real good on my one good leg and the wind just about blew me and the fence section over. Justin had to come back and straighten everything again. Of course it could have been the pow-pow-power wheels I couldn't see from my side of the fence.

Amanda said...

This reminds me of something that would happen if Clay were in the military and deployed...big stuff always happens when the boys are not available to help, for whatever the reason! :) Clay, that sucks that you almost got blown over by the wind!!! (I'm glad you weren't, though!) And...I'm pretty sure that the wind + pow-pow-power wheels had something to do with it! LOL!! I'm glad that the fence is fixed.

Ogday in Montana said...

Yeah for uncles Dean & Don!!!! I knew they were my "favorite" brothers-in-law for some reason.

Unknown said...

Clay, you mean you can't hop on one leg in 70mph winds while holding up a fence!? That just shatters my image of you!