Yesterday while driving home I was listening to one of the local radio shows and their topic for the moment was "Underated movies that are really good." So listeners were calling in giving the names of the movies that the box office and/or critics didn't love but that they thought were great. So this one lady calls in and talks about this movie that was so emotional and hard to watch but really good. One of the DJs had seen this movie and he's agreeing with her that the movie is crazy good so now I'm thinking... Yeah I've got to see this! It's got to be great if it's this emotional movie about family and blah blah blah...
The name of the movie is "The Hills Have Eyes" and when I get home I googled the movie, clicked on the link and NO this is not some sad emotional movie... it's a HORROR MOVIE!!!! Now for those of you who know me you realize there is no way I can watch this. I can't hardly watch "Lost" without having nightmares so there is NO way I can watch this movie.
Furthermore, the version the lady was talking about was the re-make. The original was done in the 1960s and brought to us by none other than Wes Craven... yeah the dude that brought us Freddy Kruger! (Thanks man!) Who in their right mind talks about these kind of movies as "great" and "emotional" and makes it sound like some sort of tear jerker????
A long story short... just looking at the web site freaked me out. I read the background and this "great" movie is a bout a family that gets stranded in Nevada (yeah I used to live there) and is hunted by a pack of canibals. Not a feel-good movie if you ask me. Now the interesting part is that Wes Craven's inspiration came from the a true report of canibals in Scotland suring the 15th century.
So if you're a horror movie fan you may want to check this one out... as for me I think I'll still to a true classic. At least I don't have to worry about canibals showing up in Star Wars!
No comments:
Post a Comment