Friday, July 21, 2006

Last Day of Work

Today is my last day of government employment. Tomorrow I get on a plane and head to the Bahamas!!! It's strange to think it's my last day of work. I've anticipated this day for nearly a year and now that the day has come I thinks it's amazing how fast and slow time can move. At times I thougth today would NEVER come but in retrospect time went quickly. So to leave this job with a postitive thought here are some things that government employment has taught me.

1. Eventually you will find the person who either knows which form to use or how to fill out the form you have.
2. Everything will get done... but it will take twice as long and three times as much money.
3. Most people want to do a good job all you've got to do is clear the obstacles.
4. It's amazing how much the guy on the shop floor knows... so take time and listen to him.
5. Payday Friday... enough said!
6. Engineers are interchangable... electrical=mechanical=aerospace=industrial
7. The begining of the year really is in October.

Ok... 7 may be an odd number for a list but that seems pretty comprehensive to me.

Anyhow, if there are any government type folks who read this... thanks for the education!

No comments: