I have decided that only those who work for the government can truly appreciate the meaning of government intelligence. Yes, I know those of you who have had the pleasure of dealing with government agencies have an idea of how much red tape there is, but those who work in the government can truly appreciate how long and wide and deep the span of paperwork can be. Take for instance the fact that I'm quitting. You would think this would be a relatively easy process. You simply say "I quit", give them a date and you're done. Not so in the government.
First of all there is a form (surprise surprise) and this form is used to make sure all the other forms are filled out. So I have to make about 25 stops to different people to have them fill out different forms so that they can fill out my form that says they've filled out their form. I think you're starting to get the picture. Of course the first stop on this form is to the lady who tells you which other forms need to be filled out. Her other job is the exit interview. I believe most exit interviews want to at least get some idea of why a person is quitting and if there are any real issues with the employment. This is not so on my government form. The lady told me to please keep my answer short, under a sentence, so it would fit on the other form she had to fill out. Once I put my reason (I'm attending law school.) that fit with a magic code that she could use to fill out her form.
Ok... I'm sure you get the idea but this ridiculousness is why New Jersey can't decide on a state budget and therefore shut down the state. So, enough of my ranting. I just thought I'd share about how difficult it is to actually quit my job :)! And in the end I may even miss the great opportunities I have to learn just how disfunctional government agencies can be.
PS... the worst desk buddy in the world is currently jamming out to the Backstreet Boys... No, I'm not kidding... I wish I was.
1 comment:
*Laugh*! This is absolutely hilarious! Plus, I nearly choked when I saw that your bad desk buddy was rockin' out to Backstreet Boys - who actually does that in public anymore??? :) By the way...I created an account just so that I could post this message - feel special! :)
Post a Comment