Law school started this week and it's been an amazingly hectic experience. The first two days were orientation which was capped off by our swearing in ceremony. The incoming class took the Pledge of Professional Commitment in a formal affair which was a very nice "welcome to the club" type of event.
This first week we are also taking a Legal Analysis class. It's supposed to be an introduction into reading and briefing cases. So far the class has been pretty interesting and very informative. Professor Arrow has been excellent at allowing us to make our mistakes and explaining why they are mistakes instead of just telling us we're stupid or incompetent and moving on. I've appreciated the feedback. This concept of the "issue statement" is quite complex. So far I've been WAY too general and need to work on developing more specific ideas. But like everything else I'm sure my pendulum will swing the other way and I will end up on the other side of the spectrum being far too specific. Such is life!
I've also got to meet a lot of new people. I'm really excited because I've met a couple of girls who are going to be in all of my classes and I think that will be a good study group to begin with. I think I'm going to make it... check back in about 4 months :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment