Friday, August 25, 2006

A Grammar Test

A funny thing about education; every time you think you're done with a topic it comes back to haunt you. This was true in undergrad when I thought the Euler equation would NEVER be important only to find out it was the basis for EVERY SINGLE CLASS!!! So today in Legal Research and Writing another one of those little ironies of education popped up with a grammar test.

Now, you may be one of those freaks who loved learning all of the "i" before "e" rules and when to use semi-colons and how dependent clauses were to be structured... I was not. In fact I felt grammar was one of the drudgeries of education that you had to "get through" during english class so you could go read a good book. However, that is not the case in law school and today we had a 20 question grammar test. The trick is, if you didn't pass the grammar test, which historically only about 5 people actually pass, you have to take a remedial grammar class on Saturdays. So, as if grammar wasn't bad enough I will more than likely have to take a grammar class on the weekends! Isn't education GREAT!!

No comments: