Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Number 2!

Clay and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary this weekend... or more appropriately I should say we "attempted" to celebrate our anniversary. With us both in school "our" time is hard to come by so we're trying to make the best of things. I decided to work Saturday morning and Sunday so that we could have Saturday evening to celebrate. For Clay's part he took care of the household chores on Saturday and was going to study on Sunday.

Saturday afternoon when I finished studying and Clay finished running errands I noticed his eye was a bit gucky. He washed his face and thought that was the end of it. About an hour later he noticed his eye was bothering him and when he went to investigate he discovered he had pink eye. Now neither of us have had pink eye since we were in elementary so he figures he picked this fun little germ up while shopping at "the evil empire" as our good neighbor Justin calls Wal-Mart.

Now it's about 7pm on a Saturday night and while Clay needs medical care this doesn't exactly constitute an ER visit. So we call up our doctor who has an answering services that pages him. Dr. Layne calls back a few minutes later, laughs at us, and calls in a prescription to a 24 hour pharmacy. I decide I'll go get the meds and Clay can begin creating our wonderfully romantic meal. On the way to the store Clay calls to inform me that the power has gone out at the house. Luckily for us the dinner we had planned was predominantly barbequed.

A long story short... it was a memerable anniversary :)! We did have a great evening together but it just goes to show you that you've got to be flexible!

No comments: