Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Tea Party

I'm sitting in my office eating cherries and working out how to brief Marbury v Madison and a memory came I felt I should share. While my mom was here we went to visit an old family friend, Mrs. Stone. Mrs. Stone is my mom's best friend's (since high school) mother. When my sister and I were younger and we would come to OKC to visit family we were often drug from one unkown family member's home to another and honestly I don't remember much about those visits, but I do remember Mrs. Stone.

Mrs. Stone lives in a little old house downtown. Everything about her home is perfectly manicured and decorated with beautiful things. The "music room" had two grand pianos, because Mrs. Stone's husband taught music during his lifetime, and they would often request performances from my sister and I, who were quite good at playing "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and not much else.

Also, each time we visited the Stone's home my sister and I were enthralled by the "tea party". Mrs. Stone is a very proper lady and serves tea or coffee with little cookies everytime you come. This was nothing like our house and I remember thinking how special the tea party was. Even when I introduced my husband to Mrs. Stone I had told him about the tea parties and he still refers to her as the "Tea Party Lady".

Today Mrs. Stone still serves tea. After dinner the other night we went to her home and had a tea party in the music room among all of her beautiful treasures. I know I've been truly blessed to know this special lady.

No comments: