Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Not That Bad...

It's day 2 of law school and I've already learned something... it's not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. During all of these fun meet-n-greets and open houses a discussion I attended inevitably a discussion about "what to expect in class" would commence and everyone would mention the dreaded "Socratic Method". All the "Socratic Method" means is that teachers are going to call on people in class and actually expect people to have prepared for class so that they can add something intelligent to the class discussion. However, in preparation for law school this discussion tends to lean towards teachers who "eat law school students for lunch" and get a great deal of enjoyment out of watching the children cower in fear. While someday this may be true I am pleased to announce that thus far all of my law professors are actually human! They all seem to be very pleasant and willing to help everyone understand why something is "wrong" or "right" or "more right". So I'm here to tell you I'm surviving quite nicely.

And having said that I'm back to enjoying a wonderful reading on impleader and joinder... I love lawsuits with multiple parties all suing and counter-suing each other :)!

No comments: